Join the 5280 High School Team
Transform yourself, the students you will serve, and the broader educational landscape.
5280 High School (5280) is a free, public charter school opening in Fall 2018 in Denver Public Schools. 5280’s instructional design emphasizes hands-on, project-based learning, adult-world connections and comprehensive wellness. We are committed to building a school culture where there is respect and cooperation among every student, adult, and family. Candidates should be open to a dynamic, collaborative, teacher-driven school where teachers have the freedom to design their curriculum, innovate, and make decisions to best serve their students.
Why work at 5280?
- Be in a setting where educators work as professionals
- Be intellectually stimulated as an educator
- Be creative and dream big with project design
- Collaborate and design curriculum together with incredible colleagues
- Work with amazing, creative, caring students
- Help students pursue their natural wonderings and ask their big questions
- Build a new school in Denver that will change the educational landscape of what’s possible for school
- Summit staff: help students in recovery discover, chase, and reach their dreams within a community learning to live out the principles of recovery in all aspects of their lives
5280 High School endeavors to attract passionate, highly qualified educators. Teachers are not required to hold a teaching certificate, but must meet federal ESSA guidelines in their subject area. Candidates with experience working in their field who do not hold a teaching credential are strongly encouraged to apply. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfaction of certain pre-employment verifications and clearances including, but not limited to, undergraduate degree verification and background check clearance.
Working at 5280:
- Full-time annual teacher contracts are typically written with approximately 200 contract days; new staff are required to participate in 10 additional days of training
- Compensation is competitive and set according to each candidate’s experience, with additional annual performance-based bonuses available to exceptional staff
- Health benefits and Colorado PERA is offered to eligible full-time employees
- 5280 operates according to a traditional school calendar (August through June); new staff training begins in mid-July
- 5280 provides team teaching support, and exceptional professional development opportunities throughout the year
- 5280 High School is an at-will employer
If you have difficulty filling out the application or are interested in applying for multiple positions, please email email@example.com
We are actively looking to fill the following positions for the 2018-2019 school year (Click on the Job Title to Apply):
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: 5280 is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of 5280 to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification that is protected under applicable local, state or federal law.